Akai Katana Shin
overload with CAVE's latest addition to the shoot-em-up arena, Akai Katana.
Set in a parallel world resembling Japan's Taisho period, the people have discovered the powerful Blood Swords. Requiring human sacrifices to unleash their immense destructive power, these swords have been used by the empire to crush neighbouring countries. However, all the bloodshed and power gained through sacrificing close family members has made some of the swordsmen reconsider. With new fighter planes and the powered up swords at their disposal, this small band of rebels now fight back against the tyrannical empire.
Created specifically with the Xbox 360 in mind, Akai Katana is the first CAVE release to feature horizontal combat in sumptuous HD and eye-watering full 16:9 support.
Prepare for a new definition of 'bullet-hell'!
- Gorgeous artwork and beautifully rendered sprites
- Full HD 16:9 support
- Three gameplay modes: Origin (Arcade) Mode, Slash Mode and Climax Mode
- Fully animated UI
- Original Arcade settings optional for authentic experience
- Online leaderboards and replays
- Local 2-player co-op (Arcade mode only