Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Player's Choice)
- Play as either a boy or girl: Each gender has 10 potential spouses
- Compete against a rival farmer; Your productivity will be judged on a daily basis against that of your rival's…you will also compete against your rival in the festivals
- Cultivate a wide variety of crops and trees
- Raise cows, sheep, horses and chickens
- Harvest Moon: Magical Melody offers 4-player minigames
- Purchase different plots of land and expand your farm by building various extensions
The Harvest Goddess has turned to stone and the Harvest Sprites need your help to bring her back. You need to collect Musical Notes throughout the game in hopes of restoring her to her former self.Although the gameplay mechanics are similar to that of previous Harvest Moon games, the game itself makes a shift toward the Animal Crossing world. To raise money for yourself, all you need is a few basic tools, such as a hammer and a fishing rod. With the hammer, you can go to the mine and collect precious gems to sell. Fishing at the town stream can also yield some decent prices in the shipping trade.You don't ever really need to eat anything in this game, but your character has an energy meter. When it gets toward the bottom, you'll need to sleep the rest of the day away. Food, however, can raise that meter and let you continue working. To use less energy, you may wander around town and collect items to sell, such as herbs and foods.