NINTENDO WII (INCL. WII SPORTS)
- Formerly known as Nintendo Revolution
- This version of the Nintendo Wii™ only plays back NTSC/U/C (USA/Canada) encoded discs (Wii™/Gamecube™ format)
- The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it's displayed vertically or horizontally.
- Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube™ generation.
- The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo64™, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (SNES™) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES™).
- Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.
- Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube™ discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.
- The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo™ players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution's technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.
- The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world's richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.
- Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo's newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo™ Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo™ players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.
- Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game "masterpieces" as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.
Release Date Nov 19, 2006
Language English, French, Spanish
- Nintendo Wii Console
- Wii Remote (with strap)
- Nunchuk Controller
- AC Adapter (110V)
- AV Cable
- Auxiliary Plate
- Sensor Bar
- Sensor Bar Stand
- AA Battery (x2)
- Wii Sports (US)